Gastrointestinal complaints are one of the most common reasons for doctor visits. Irritable bowel syndrome affects an estimated 13- 20% of Canadians, chronic constipation affects up to 25%, and heartburn affects an estimated 10- 20%. Digestive health issues often go un-diagnosed and un-treated, and people will struggle with these symptoms for decades.
Digestive concerns include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Heart burn – (gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD))
- Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Constipation, diarrhea, bloating and gas
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
- Celiac disease
- Food allergies
- Food sensitivities or food intolerances
Understanding digestive issues requires us to investigate the nature of your symptoms, your history, your diet and your lifestyle. I also use different laboratory tests when indicated, to further investigate the underlying problem.